Know you should cook to control what you are eating but too tired to actually make the meal? GOOP to the rescue…
Here are some great recipes for quick, easy and healthy meals!
Black Bean Burrito Bowl
Skip Chipotle and make this satisfying burrito bowl instead.
1 cup black beans (salad bar)
1 cup chopped kale (salad bar)
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (salad bar)
1/2 cup sliced green onions (salad bar)
1/2 avocado, sliced or diced
1/4 organic rotisserie chicken, shredded (SKIP FOR VEGETARIANS AND ADD SOME EXTRA BEANS INSTEAD)
fresh cilantro (optional)
for the dressing:
3 tablespoons tahini
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
ground cumin, to taste
chili powder, to taste
sea salt, to taste
1. Place the black beans, kale, tomatoes, onion, avocado, and chicken in a bowl.
2. For the dressing, mix together the tahini and lime juice, adding water until you reach desired thickness. Season with sea salt, cumin, and chili powder.
3. Drizzle dressing over the bowl and garnish with fresh cilantro (optional).
1/2 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
1 tablespoon fresh dill (optional)
1/2 cup sliced cucumber (salad bar)
1/4 rotisserie chicken, shredded (FOR VEGETARIANS, SUB CHICKPEAS OR BAKED FALAFEL)
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
mixed salad greens (salad bar)
1. Whisk the yogurt, oil, garlic paste, and dill together in a bowl. Stir in the cucumber and chicken, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Serve over greens.
Butternut Squash Soup
Be sure you use a good-quality butternut squash soup here. Shira recommends the one from Imagine Foods because it is GMO-, gluten-, and soy-free and doesn’t have any gums or preservatives.
1 cup high-quality butternut squash soup, like the one from Imagine Foods
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
1-2 teaspoons curry paste
fresh cilantro leaves
1. Heat the soup to boiling, then turn down the heat to a low simmer. Whisk in the coconut milk and curry paste until smooth.
2. Taste and season with sea salt to taste and top with fresh cilantro.