We know that your magazines and advertisements are featuring fall gear and back to school “specials” but THE SUMMER IS NOT OVER YET!!
So before you get those back to school blues, make the most of the summer that is left!
1. Check out DC Outdoor Films for a list of all of the places you get to head outside and catch a flick. We would list a few…but honestly there are too many movies and too many venues so check the website out for yourself and choose a convenient date, time, and location!
2. Head to the National Building Museum for a little inside “beach” action until September 7th! According to the website:
The BEACH is contained within an enclosure and built out of construction materials such as scaffolding, wooden panels, and perforated mesh, all clad in stark white. Monochromatic beach chairs and umbrellas sprinkle the 50-foot wide “shoreline,” and the “ocean” culminates in a mirrored wall that creates a seemingly infinite reflected expanse. Visitors are welcome to “swim” in the ocean, or can spend an afternoon at the “shore’s” edge reading a good book, play beach-related activities such as paddleball, grab a refreshing drink at the snack bar, or dangle their feet in the ocean off the pier.
3. It isn’t too late to get your tickets for the Citi Open! From August 1 through 9th you can see the world’s best men and women tennis champions in the nation’s capital! This up-close tennis action will include Andy Murray, Victoria Azarenka, Kei Nishikori, Eugenie Bouchard, Marin Cilic, Ekaterina Makarova, the Bryan Brothers and many more!
4. Check out this list of awesome day trip suggestions! From Rock Creek to paddle boarding on the Potomac, you don’t have to travel very far to feel very far from the hustle and bustle of city living.
5. (WARNING:SHAMELESS PROMOTION) Check out a play!! Our Fab FitTrition trainer Liz is producing and starring in a play called One in the Chamber this summer. Check out oneinthechamberdc.com for all of the information on the show and get your tickets TODAY. The show opens August 8th and closes on September 6th.