Bodyweight exercises are the best because you can do them anywhere, you don’t need any equipment, and they really help achieve the look most clients are after: LONG and LEAN!
Our Top 5 Favorites:
1. For Whole Body: Plank
2. For Upper Body: Diamond Push-up
- Start in plank position with your hands under your shoulders and your body in one straight line.
- If your knees aren’t on the floor, separate your feet so they’re about shoulder-width apart to help you stay balanced throughout the exercise.
- Place your hands together, directly under your sternum, with the tips of your index fingers and thumbs touching. Your fingers and thumbs should form a diamond or triangle shape.
- Bend your elbows out to the sides, and lower your chest toward the floor. Then exhale to straighten your arms. This counts as one rep.
- Too hard? Keep hands wider (shoulder distance apart) and turn fingers towards each other. Elbows still go out to target Triceps!
3. For low-impact Leg Work: Wall-Sit
- Stand with your back against a wall, placing your feet about two feet in front of you. Feet should be hip-distance apart.
- Bending your knees, slide your back down the wall until your knees are at 90-degree angles. Your knee joints should be over your ankle joints, so you may need to inch your feet farther from the wall to create proper alignment. Don’t let your knees fall into the midline of your body or sway outward.
4. For Balance (Core): Single-Leg Balance Touch
- Begin standing with arms overhead with all your weight on your left foot.
- Keeping your spine long, reach forward, bending your left knee, and touch both hands to the ground. Keep your abs engaged to keep your torso stable.
- Lower your right leg down while lifting your torso, bringing your arms overhead to complete one rep.
5. For Cardio: BURPEES!
- Lower into a crouching squat with your hands on the floor.
- Do a squat thrust by jumping your feet back into a plank position.
- Do one basic push-up, bending the elbows and then straightening back to plank.
- Jump the feet forward to the hands, and come into a squat.
- Do an explosive jump straight up, getting as much height as you can.