Looking for a fun exercise class or a great new (to us at least) restaurant? Here are a few recent FIT finds in and around DC that you should check out!
1. New exercise studio: Next Phase Group Ex in Bethesda. Paying for a gym just to use the classes? Cut the gym out and just go to Next Phase! This new (beautiful) studio offers about a dozen different kinds of classes from TRX (which FITintheCITY tried and approves) to Zumba. The price is right with this studio too…and the first class is free!
3. Ethiopian Restaurant: Addis Ababa in downtown Silver Spring (Ignore the lukewarm reviews. If you don’t like Ethiopian food, you will not like this restaurant that serves Ethiopian food…) Get the mixed veggie platter. Yum!
4. Indian Restaurant: Passage to India in Bethesda (try the Kaanch Kolar Kofta – savory plantain dumplings in a tomato-onion masala for something different) and Ananda Restaurant at Maple Lawn in Fulton, MD
5. Date night: Crane and Turtle. All of the fish dishes we had were excellent.
6. Great night at the Theatre: Grounded at Olney Theatre. A one-woman show that explores PTSD for a former air force pilot grounded after she gets pregnant and is forced to fly drones from the “safety” of the USA. Worth the schlep out to Olney…