When the weather outside is frightful, keeping the kids busy can sometimes be a challenge. As a mom of two, I’m always looking for a fun activity or playgroup to save us from going stir crazy! Checkout my top Cabin Fever Finds:
1. DIY Craft: Make your own play dough! Love this recipe from Parenting.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup warm water
2 tbs. salt
2 tbs. cream of tartar
2 tbs. cooking oil
1 3-oz. packet Jell-O gelatin
1. Whisk all the ingredients together in a small saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until the dough thickens and forms a ball.
3. Let cool for 30mins.
4. Repeat with various gelatin flavors to create a fun mix of colors for your child to play with.
2. BLUE IGLOO (for all my DC mamas): Amazing Indoor Playgroup!
Blue Igloo provides a welcoming, fun and dynamic environment for young children and their parents. Blue Igloo is designed for children ages 6 months to 3 years. The teachers work hard to create a stimulating environment for young children through toys, art, activities, languages and music. Blue Igloo is open weekdays from 9:00 am until noon from early September through late May. Blue Igloo families are free to come and go as they please to accommodate their families’ schedule. Each child must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
3. SKY ZONE ( for all my MD mamas): Awesome Indoor Trampoline Park!!
My son is obsessed with jumping, climbing, and running, so this trampoline park offers a fun and safe place to wiggle, jump, laugh, and hopefully take a nap afterwards 🙂 Sky Zone Columbia offers open jump, a SkySlam court, SkyRobics fitness classes, Ultimate Dodgeball and special programs for toddlers, teens and adults. For just about any age, shape or size, Sky Zone Columbia is the ultimate 3-D play experience!
Enjoy and Stay Warm!!