The FITgals LOVE a good food blog so we were thrilled to find the wonderful blog A Thought for Food. FITintheCITY cooked this recipe for roasted cauliflower up last week. She served it with chicken sausage (no casing) and ground turkey mixed in quinoa. It was a big hit! Enjoy!
Roasted Cauliflower with Currants and Pine Nuts
Serves 4 as a side
1 large head of cauliflower, leaves and stem end removed.
2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/4 cup dried currants
1/4 cup pine nuts
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. With the core side facing down, slice the cauliflower into 1/2 inch thick slices. If pieces are large, cut them into smaller florets. Place in a bowl with the chopped garlic and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons Kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 2 teaspoons smoked paprika over cauliflower and toss to season the florets.
3. Spread flat on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. If necessary, use two baking sheets.
4. Roast for approximately 20 minutes, or until browned lightly and becomes tender. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan at medium heat. Add the pine nuts, shaking the pan every 30 seconds until they brown slightly. Remove immediately and transfer pine nuts to a bowl.
6. Transfer the cauliflower to a serving bowl. Mix in the currants, toasted pine nuts, and lemon zest. Taste for seasoning and, if necessary, add more salt and black pepper. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve.