Not all meals have to reinvent the wheel. I love to make huge greek salads and on Sundays, cook up some chicken breasts or salmon to top the salad with during the week. It makes a great healthy dinner or an easy lunch to pack up for work.
Greek Salad (with Chicken or Salmon)
- Greens of Choice (I like the crunchiness of Romaine)
- 1 Red Pepper (diced)
- 1 Persian cucumber (diced)
- 6 cherry tomatoes (diced)
- 4 Basil Leaves (diced)
- 2 tbsp. feta crumbles
- 2 tbsp. hummus (I like Whole Foods brand or Cava)
- Fresh lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Olives (we love castelvatranos)
- 6 oz. baked chicken or salmon
Mix all vegetables together. Top with hummus, fresh squeezed lemon and a drizzle of EVOO. For the chicken or salmon, pre-heat oven to 450, add salt, pepper, and a drizzle of EVOO to chicken or salmon and bake. Salmon will be 8-10 minutes and chicken will be about 20 minutes. Top the salad with your protein choice.
xoxo and enjoy,