Guess what, guys? We’re kicking off Mother’s Day week with a great cookie recipe that is not only kiddo-approved, it’s also easy enough that your little ones can get in on the baking fun!
Now you’re probably thinking, “Wait a minute. What does a cookie recipe have any business doing on a website about fitness and health?”
We totally get that when you hear the word “cookie” you don’t expect it to have the word “healthy” associated with it. Well, prepare your taste buds. This cookie recipe is going to rock your world with all the decadent goodness of the best kind of sweet treat without all of the processed sugars and other not-s0-FITingredients.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350-degrees. Prepare a greased cookie sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, have your little ones mash and mix together all of your ingredients, until everything is combined thoroughly. Your cookie “dough” will look a bit on the goopy side, but that’s expected. That said, if you need to do some taste testing for “quality assurance” at this step, we won’t tell!
- Drop your dough in tablespoon-sized dollops on your cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart. Bake for 15 minutes.
- This part is tough, but let them cool completely. Again, however, we won’t judge you if you need to do a little more “quality assurance” at this step.
- High five your little Sous Chef on a job well done and fight the urge to eat them all in one setting.
These were a big hit at our home. The plate was completely empty within an hour!
What are your favorite FITkid-friendly recipes?