I’m sure everyone is busy finishing up their holiday shopping, so for this week’s FITfinds I’ll be providing some great gift ideas and the places to find them (some even only found in DC) for that fitness or yoga enthusiast in your life.
1. Fitlosophy Fitbook – This fitness and nutrition journal is great for a fitness newbie or anyone who just needs help tracking their workouts and nutrition. Keeping goals structured with a tool like this is a great way to stay focused on living a healthy lifestyle.
2. pvBody – If you’re like me, you’re of the school that paying hundreds of dollars for clothes you’re just going to sweat in isn’t ideal. Similar to sites such as ShoeDazzle, pay $49.50 a month, fill out an online profile, and pvBody will send you a box of a complete outfit to exercise in every month. Everything from running clothes to yoga gear is sold at an unbeatable price when compared to most retailers and you can always pause your subscription for a month if you like.
3. Birchbox – Do you know any woman who wouldn’t love a free box of high-end beauty samples delivered to their doorstep every month? Didn’t think so. Birchbox is a service that offers exactly that! Once a month they send a wonderful little box filled with new products to discover. Buy a 3-month, 6-month, or year long subscription for the beauty junkie on your gift list.
$30, $60, or $110, Birchbox
4. NatureBox – You’re bound to know somone who wants to make a New Year’s resolution to eat better in 2013. Help them achieve this goal with a subscription to NatureBox. This service provides a box of nutritionist-approved snacks and recipes on a monthly basis . Choose from a 3-month, 6-month, or year-long subscription
$59.97, $99.97, $199.97, NatureBox
5. Relay Foods – Fresh, local, healthy food and it’s delivered? Sign me up! Relay Foods is a great place to order local fresh food for anyone on your list. You can use the holidays as an opportunity to introduce people to this great service by ordering a Relay Ready meal for four and having a great holiday dinner party!
$35-$45, Relay Foods
6. Josie Maran Cosmetics – This brand offers eco-friendly cosmetics and hair products and uses fresh, natural ingredients to help women look naturally beautiful. The Argan oil comes highly recommended, but I’m sure any environmentally-conscience lady would appreciate a gift from here.
$48 for 100% Pure Argan Oil, Josie Maran Cosmetics
7. Sweetgreen Sweetpress Juices – This line-up of cold-pressed juices uses organic fruits and vegetables to create a complete set of delicious and healthy drinks to keep your life and diet balanced
8. Nike+ Fuel Band – This device can measure your daily activity (everything from walking to basketball to dancing), set goals for yourself, and sync to your mobile phone. This gift will definitely help get (and keep) someone on the move!
$149, Nike Georgetown
9. Manduka Black Mat Pro – Any avid yoga will appreciate this yoga mat, which has won for the all-around best one out there.
10. Just Give – While giving gifts is fun, most people have enough stuff and I’m sure anyone can appreciate some good old fashioned charitable giving. Use justgive.org to donate to a charity on behalf of someone on your gift list.
Any amount, www.justgive.org